Connect with us

Football

Footballer suspended for slapping referee

Published

on

The Nasarawa Football Association has suspended indefinitely one Yakubu Hassan, a footballer who plays for “Dubagari Football Club”, Lafia, a local team in Nasarawa state for slapping a centre referee during a football match.

Halidu Akwashiki, Vice Chairman of the association, confirmed the disciplinary action in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lafia on Wednesday.

Akwashiki said that Hassan slapped the centre referee, Kasimu Ahmadu on Oct. 29 during his team’s encounter with another local team, Winda Force Football Club in Nasarawa-Eggon local government area of the state after he was cautioned for an infringement.

The fixture is part of the state’s FA 2019/2020 ‘Premier League Competition’ initiative organised in partnership with Bet9ja, a betting company in Nigeria.

NAN reports that the initiative is for local teams across the state and kicked off in September 26 with 30 teams participating and divided into four groups.

Akwashiki described the incident as bizarre said the FA via the disciplinary committee set up for the competition sat and decided to suspend the player from further participation in the competition.

Akwashiki who is also chairman of the competition’s disciplinary committee added that aside the suspension, the player was directed to write an apology letter to the match officials and his club to pay a fine to the FA.

“The actions we took will serve as lessons to other players and clubs never to intimidate or instigate violence on match officials and to adhere strictly to the rules of the game,” he said.

He explained that the incident had been awkward and embarrassing to the match officials and both teams involved in the fixture and even warranted the player’s teammates reprimanding him for his action.

“It was embarrassing for everyone, and I mean everyone including the fans because we all assumed this action is unheard of in this generation but to our surprise, we have been reminded on the dangers match officials face just for doing their jobs; it is sad,” he said.

Also speaking, Mohammed Isa, Secretary-General, Nasarawa state Referees Council, expressed his disappointment over the incident and canvassed for stiffer punishment for any player who violently attacks referees in the course of carrying out their duties on the field of play.

“We feel bad on the issue and reported to the FA who have now taken action against the player and his team but despite that, we have called on the state FA to ensure that what happened does not repeat itself again,” he said.

Isa further revealed that the referee council has decided that none of its officials will officiate any fixture with the player who slapped one of their members involved.

“I want to assure you that the player will never participate in any competition within this state again and if he is participating, the referees in the state shall not participate; that is our stand,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

Carlo Ancelotti left Everton to become head coach of Real Madrid for a second time

Published

on

By

The 61-year-old Italian, who oversaw Real Madrid for a very long time somewhere in the range of 2013 and 2015, has left Everton following year and a half in control at Goodison Park.

He succeeds Zinedine Zidane at Real and the move leaves Everton looking for a 6th perpetual supervisor in five years.

Ancelotti has marked a three-year bargain at Real and said the move addressed “an unforeseen chance”.

He added: “I have total regard for everybody related with Everton and expectation they can accomplish the energizing chances they have before them.

“While I have appreciated being at Everton I have been given a startling chance which I accept is the correct move for me and my family as of now.”

Genuine will introduce Ancelotti to the media on Wednesday, while Everton said they “will start the way toward selecting another supervisor right away”.

Everton will have been left paralyzed by the speed of advancements just now as proprietor Farhad Moshiri’s “Hollywood” chief leaves.

Ancelotti’s appearance was viewed as a genuine upset by Moshiri, convincing one of the game’s generally enriched and regarded figures to come to Merseyside to reestablish Everton to previous wonders.

The 61-year-old’s rule has been a mishmash with loathsome home structure offset by results like their first success over Liverpool at Anfield since 1999 – in any case a tenth spot finish in his first full season was a failure.

Ancelotti, in any case, was as yet held in immense respect by Everton allies, who have been left sharply disillusioned by his choice to withdraw.

The fierce truth is that for all Moshiri’s money and aspiration, Everton actually can’t view themselves as anyplace close to the first class, which consistently makes them helpless against clubs, for example, Real Madrid setting sights on their prize resources.

The typical suspects are being connected, for example, Eddie Howe after he turned down Celtic, previous Wolves supervisor Nuno Espirito Santo and ex-Everton manager David Moyes – albeit that is probably not going to occur after he verbally concurred a three-year bargain at West Ham in the wake of bringing them into Europe. Moshiri, however, is something of a special case and may have thoughts of his own.

Continue Reading

Football

Ahmed Musa to play without monthly salary at Kano Pillars

Published

on

By

Ahmed Musa won’t be paid in his short stretch at Kano Pillars in the Nigeria Premier Football League.

Musa, 28, finished paperwork for the four-time Nigerian heroes under the Elite Players Program of the League Management Company, which urges top Nigerian internationals to play for neighborhood clubs.

As indicated by LMC manager Shehu Dikko, the program works twoly.

A club can distinguish and sign such players, or the LMC itself can sign the player and appoint them to a club of their decision.

It was the last for Musa.

“We addressed him about returning home to play, and as somebody who is consistently prepared to offer in return, he didn’t stop for a second,” Dikko told ESPN.

“When the arrangement was marked, the decision of which club to play for was up to him. Various clubs needed him. We put everything before him and he settled on the choice to go to Kano Pillars.”

Musa has been a free specialist since October 2020, when he left Saudi Arabia’s Al Nassr, with whom he won the Saudi Pro League title and Super Cup in the wake of going along with them from Leicester City in 2018.

Continue Reading

AFCON

Super Eagle Teslim Balogun Stadium Training Camp Adhere To COVID-19 Protocols Ahead Of Lesotho Clash

Published

on

By

 

The Super Eagles will hold their last exercise at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere, Lagos on Monday evening, beginning from 1800 hours.

Their last instructional meeting which will be administered by director Gernot Rohr is available to the media for just the initial fifteen minutes, at that point everybody will be compelled to leave the arena.

No columnist will be permitted into the arena when the Lesotho public group have a vibe of the Teslim Balogun Stadium turf because of COVID-19 conventions set up.

Besides, there will be no authority pre-match public interview because of the Covid pandemic.

The Super Eagles players and authorities were up toward the end of last night since they had to go to an occasion out of appreciation for Nigerian Federation president Amaju Pinnick following his political decision into the esteemed FIFA board.

Nigeria are ensured to top Group L of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers paying little heed to the result of their last match against Lesotho as they are as of now on 11 focuses, four more than the Republic of Benin, who are second in the standings.

Continue Reading

Trending