FIFA released names of players in the running for the 2018 Best Player on Tuesday with the inclusion of the regular duo and new entrants.
Current holder, Cristiano Ronaldo is named first followed by nine others.
Egyptian playmaker, Mohamed Salah is named following his stellar performance for club in the domestic and continental engagements.
Lionel Messi is listed in the seventh place behind Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe.
Luka Modric, with enigmatic appearances for Real Madrid enroute their UEFA Champions League triumph and for Croatia at the 2018 World Cup is named at number eight.
Archrivals, Ronaldo and Messi are currently tied on equals wins of five.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Juventus FC)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City FC)
- Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea FC)
- Harry Kane (England/Tottenham Hotspur FC)
- Kylian Mbappé (France/Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
- Luka Modrić (Croatia/Real Madrid CF)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool FC)
- Raphaël Varane (France/Real Madrid)
The top three nominees will be announced in September.
Players are considered based on their performances in the 2017/2018 calendar season.