Organisers of the Ballon d’Or Award, French Football Magazine, named the 30 male players vying for the 2018 honour on Monday.
Real Madrid and Wales forward, Gareth Bale was the first to be announced in the first batch comprising five players.
Manchester City and Argentina striker, Sergio Aguero; Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper, Alisson; France and Real Madrid forward, Kareem Benzema and PSG attacker, Edinson Cavani complete the first five.
The Award which is in its 62nd edition will also be honouring women players for the first time since inception in 1956.
Current holder, Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus) name followed in the second five nominees alongside, Thibaut Courtois (BEL/Chelsea), Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City) , Roberto Firmino (Brazil/Liverpool) , Diego Godin (Uruguay/Atlético Madrid).
Other 20 Players:
- Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea)
- Isco Alarcon (Spain/Real Madrid)
- Harry Kane (England/Tottenham)
- N’Golo Kanté (France/Chelsea)
- Hugo Lloris (France/Tottenham)
- Mario Mandzukic (Croatia/Juventus)
- Sadio Mané (Senegal/Liverpool)
- Marcelo (Brazil/Real Madrid)
- Kylian Mbappé (France/PSG)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
- Luka Modric (Croatia/Real Madrid)
- Neymar (Brazil/PSG)
- Jan Oblak (Slovenia/Atletico Madrid)
- Paul Pogba (France/Manchester United)
- Ivan Rakitic (Croatia/FC Barcelona)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool)
- Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real Madrid)
- Luis Suarez (Uruguay/FC Barcelona)
- Raphaël Varane (France/Real Madrid)